This dietary supplement is manufactured by Performix Inc., an American company based in Denver. According to the company, Performix SST is a fat burner. This dietary health supplement for weight loss is a fairly new product on the market. Let’s take a closer look into what is allegedly good about this product.
Performix SST is composed of caffeine anhydrous, ashwagandha root and citrus aurantium among other ingredients. Although this blend of ingredients is quite strong, the company has not provided information on the individual dosage of each ingredient. This makes it difficult to estimate the efficacy of the supplement. The product is exceptionally well-packed.
|Product Name||Probiox Plus||Performix SST|
|Quality of Ingredients||4.9/5||3.6/5|
|Speed of Results||4.9/5||3.7/5|
Composition of Performix SST
As stated above the combination of ingredients should work together effectively to help in weight loss. So, let us take a quick look at the ingredients that have been mentioned by the manufacturer:
- Anhydrous Calcium
- Ashwagandha Extract
- Advantra Z
- Bitter Orange Extract
- Tyramine and octopamine
- Huperzine A extract
- Yohimbine HCL
- Mucuna Pruriens (seeds)
- Bio Perine
- Black pepper extract (fruit)
- Medium chain Triglycerides
- Safflower oil
- Linoleic Acid
- FD&C Blue #1
What’s Good about Performix SST?
According to the manufacturer, Performix SST is designed to provide an energy boost, increase mental focus and help in managing fat metabolism. This dietary supplement is described as a “Multi-Phase Super Suspension Thermogenic.” After taking Performix SST, you should experience a surge of energy which will push you to exceed your physical limits and at the same time, the supplement should help you in lean muscle development.
The caffeine content helps to enhance mental alertness and increase the overall metabolism of the body.
How Does it Work?
Let us consider just a few main ingredients from the list above:
- Niacin (Nicotinic Acid) helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the bloodstream It is also known to act as a relaxant.
- Caffeine Anhydrous improves alertness.
- Ashwagandha extract helps in reducing cortisol, a hormone linked to stress. The result is that ashwagandha is believed to improve mood and mental activity but this is not scientifically proven. In any case, these properties of ashwagandha do not seem to have any connection with weight-loss.
- Synephrine HCL also suppresses production of cortisol.
- Huperzine A extract improves cognitive activity but is effective for a limited time.
- Mucuna Pruriens extract is used to treat anxiety, however, there is no conclusive proof that this is effective.
- Extracts of black pepper have multiple benefits.
- Yohimbine is considered as a metabolism booster but here again, there is no scientific backup for this.
Side-Effects of Performix SST
Unfortunately, there have been many complaints online by customers who used this product. Some of the side-effects notices were:
- Cold sweats
- Increased heartbeat
Here is a summary of the ingredients that are likely to cause side-effects:
- Synephrine and bitter orange extract are known to increase blood pressure and heart rate accompanied by fainting. Synephrine is only effective if used along with caffeine. However, excess caffeine is linked to headaches, raised blood pressure, increased urination, heart palpitations, dehydration, giddiness, nervousness, and lack of sleep
- Ashwagandha is known to result in digestive problems and diarrhea.
- Choline Bitartrate is linked to fishy body odor, excess sweat and gastrointestinal problems.
- Yohimbe can cause stomach problems, nervousness, increased blood pressure and heart rate, giddiness, vomiting, frequent urination, mood swings, allergic rash and bloating.
- Huperzine A is linked to nausea, excess sweating, restlessness, blurred vision, slurred speech, decline in appetite, drooling, increased urination, cramps, incontinency, and increase in blood pressure.
Contraindications of Performix SST
- Should not be given to pregnant or lactating women.
- Children below 18 years of age should not take it.
- Those having cardiovascular health issues shouldn’t take Performix SST.
- If you are susceptible to allergic reactions and rashes, better to avoid it.
- Do not take it if you are taking any other drugs without consulting a physician.
The Final Verdict
We have carefully evaluated the pros and cons of Performix SST. Based on many customer reviews and weighing all this information against our observations, it seems that there are more cons than pros. Additionally, this product is quite expensive. You are likely to be exposed to quite a few health risks due to risky ingredients. There is no money-back policy offered, so once you purchase Performix SST, you will have to either take it or dispose of it if it doesn’t agree with you.
In all fairness, there are several good reviews for Performix SST as well. We conclude that there are some good points about this supplement and it worked well for those who had a certain degree of resilience. Hence, our final say on the matter of this health supplement is, do look for an alternative if you can, but if you feel that you would like to give it a try, please proceed only after consulting a doctor.